Tuesday, February 4, 2014

2014 should be a year of adventure!

I promised myself I would take more challenges and submit my art and stories for critiques and for contests, juried shows, etc.
For many years I competed with my dogs, and it was no question on entering under several judges and taking the time and thought to prepare. So why not enter myself and my passion in the same types of things?
I am enjoying Mark Mitchell's "Make Your Marks and Splashes" group immensely and the monthly critiques. I think I have learned just as much seeing other people work and the critiques on it, as much as my own.
I have been slammed this past few months since November really and I am turning in finals on several projects. 2014 should be a great launch year. I cant wait to see some of this work on shelves. Its really a dream come true!


I just turned in several watercolors for Karen Hood for her amazing Rottweiler series, and what fun that was. Several projects are just now finishing up, so I am just so happy for the opportunity to work with some great authors.
CHILDRENS BOOK ILLUSTRATION
from Karen Jean Hood's upcoming Rottweiler series, artist Dyann Joyce








For more focus on the art side of Children's Books, fee free to visit my visual Children's Book art portfolio is Dyann Joyce Adventures of a Illustrator Author and my project-based blog is there with my current art projects and upcoming books I have illustrated.


No comments:

Post a Comment